Therapy at Falcon Ridge Ranch
Through interaction with horses, our young women build new skills in relationship development in a way that no other therapy approach can offer.
Treatment with Tradition
At Falcon Ridge Ranch therapy is integrated into the entire experience and the environment. It’s not something that just happens only at specific times and places, it happens throughout the entire day for her entire stay. Therapists, teachers and residential staff all work together to tailor the program for each young woman – day by day, hour by hour, for the length of the program.
As teachers present lessons, assignments, and coursework – each can be adjusted to assist in each girl’s therapeutic goals and needs. Similarly, residential staff are aware of how each young women is doing in academics and therapy, so to be able to structure activities, projects, and work assignments to fit her current needs.
Therapist, teachers, and residential director meets regularly to coordinate goals and assignments, ensuring that the entire experience at Falcon Ridge Ranch is focused on reaching the individual therapeutic goals of each young woman.
Each of our therapists is highly trained, experienced, and individually licensed as a therapist with advanced education of Masters Degree or above.
Why Equine Therapy?
Equine therapy gives our girls the opportunity to experience therapy in a non-tradional setting – outside in the fresh air.
Families are an important part of the healing and recovery process. Families participate at home and on ranch during fun family weekends.
Our Therapeutic Model
Falcon Ridge Ranch uses a multiple therapeutic modalities to help the girls reach their individual goals.
Our specific treatment modalities include:
- Equine Therapy – At the heart of Falcon Ridge Ranch is our Equine Therapy Program. Working with horses teaches girls compassion, empathy, self-discipline, and understanding as she works with and cares for her horse. Through interaction with horses, our young women build new skills in relationship development in a way that no other therapy approach can offer. Our Clinical Director, an EAGALA Advanced Certified Therapist, and other licensed therapists, present activities and challenges that bring a new light of life and promise.
- Group Therapy - This consists of a minimum of ten small group sessions weekly. These groups include substance abuse, problem solving, positive peer culture, emotional management, safe dates, and specialty groups designed for specific treatment needs. All group processes foster emotional growth in a safe and confidential setting.
- Individual Therapy - is provided to each student with a minimum of one session weekly. Sessions help students gain insights into their individual behaviors and establishes a trusting relationship with their therapist. In this setting, students process personal issues or issues too sensitive to share with a group.
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Treatment - is specifically designed to address the intra-personal and family issues that fuel adolescent addiction. Recovery is facilitated through group therapy, AA/NA meetings, community meetings, and co-dependence groups that follow a twelve-step format.
- Family Therapy - is provided via weekly teleconference. Parents contribute to treatment as an integral part of the program. Falcon Ridge Ranch encourages families to visit during planned family weekends. During family weekends, each family participates in therapy with their student’s therapist. Parents and children also participate in parent support groups, parent-teacher conferences, workshops, and graduation ceremonies. Family involvement is an essential part of the recovery and healing process.