Group Homes for troubled girls living in Arizona can be a great recourse if the home is lacking the necessary structure. Our program unfortunately is not a group home facility. If you are the parent of an out-of-control teen girl perhaps our Falcon Ridge Ranch program can be of service. Our admission counselors are available as well to point you in the right direction. Contact us at 1-866-452-8775 for more information on how our residential treatment center can serve your family.
Group Homes are designed for teens that are in crisis. It is most often geared toward adolescents who are apprehended by county probation, city juvenile detention, or State Youth Authority. Sometimes Child Protection Services will also place troubled girls in a group home. Not all programs are the same.
The program at Falcon Ridge Ranch is a highly individualized and structured approach in which troubled girls ages twelve to seventeen are cared for. The girls who attend our facility are not generally in trouble with the law yet. Group Homes are generally for kids who are capable to manage their lives in a less restrictive environment.
Find a solution at our residential treatment center
Parents who are unsure as to what step they should take to help their child, or what program would best suit their daughter, can always get a reference to our list of the types of troubled teens that we serve. Below is a list of the kind of issues that your child may be dealing with that we care for.
- Sexual, physical, or emotional abuse or other traumatic events
- Bereavement issues
- Problems in transitions (following separation, divorce, or relocation)
- Signs of alcohol, drug, or other substance use (such as solvents or prescription drug abuse)
- Mood swings (e.g., happy one minute, upset the next)
- Excessive school absenteeism or tardiness
- Decreased interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overly aggressive behavior (such as biting, kicking, or hitting)
- Sudden changes in appetite (particularly in adolescents)
- A significant drop in grades, particularly if your child normally maintains high grades
- Social withdrawal or isolation
- Being the victim of bullying or bullying other children
- Learning or attention problems (such as ADHD)
- Behavioral problems (such as excessive anger, acting out)
Programs in Arizona that provide Group Homes to troubled youth:
Tumbleweed Center for Youth Development – Phoenix, AZ
Sunshine Residential Homes – Glendale, Arizona
Mingus Mountain Academy – Prescott Valley , Arizona
Arizona Cities with families that we have served:
Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Glendale, Scottsdale, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert, Peoria, Yuma, Casas Adobes, Catalina Foothills, Flagstaff, Lake Havasu City, Sun City, Sierra Vista, Avondale, Prescott, Bullhead City, Surprise, and Oro Valley