About Falcon Ridge Ranch
Falcon Ridge Ranch is located in Virgin, Utah, within 10 miles of Zion National Park. The Ranch sits on twelve acres surrounded by trees, green pastures, and the majestic red rock cliffs of southern Utah. Generally, our daytime skies are azure blue, and our nights filled with a cavalcade of stars.
Falcon Ridge Ranch is a state-licensed residential treatment facility for female adolescents, ages twelve to seventeen, who are experiencing behavioral and emotional problems that require a level of structure and care beyond that which is available in traditional outpatient clinics, but do not require inpatient psychiatric care. We have a "staff-secured" environment, which means that our students are continuously under the direct supervision of staff, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Our program serves troubled girls who have experienced academic failure, social difficulties or withdrawal, and experimentation with drugs and alcohol. The gentle care that we provide impacts these troubled girls and empowers them to make positive changes.
At Falcon Ridge Ranch we strongly believe that the success of these girls exhibits our success as a facility, and we want each parent to truly understand that the progress of their child is our priority. We also highly encourage the parents and families to be fully invested in their child's recovery process, as that will greatly enhance their success.
Troubled girls who can benefit from our therapeutic treatments:
- Sexual, physical, or emotional abuse, or other traumatic events
- Bereavement issues
- Problems in transitions (following separation, divorce, or relocation)
- Signs of alcohol, drug, or other substance use (such as solvents or prescription drug abuse)
- Mood swings (e.g., happy one minute, upset the next)
- Excessive school absenteeism or tardiness
- Decreased interest in activities previously enjoyed
- Overly aggressive behavior (such as biting, kicking, or hitting)
- Sudden changes in appetite (particularly in adolescents)
- Insomnia or increased sleepiness
- A significant drop in grades, particularly if your child normally maintains high grades
- Episodes of sadness, tearfulness, or depression
- Social withdrawal or isolation, or being the victim of bullying or bullying other children
- Learning or attention problems (such as ADHD)
- Behavioral problems (such as excessive anger, acting out or eating disorders)
Falcon Ridge Ranch
633 E Highway 9
Virgin, UT 84779
Phone: (435) 635-5260
Fax: (435) 635-5327